Tuesday 14 May 2013

Tales from the Crypt (aka clinic)

I had to visit a doctor last week in order for them to tell me I'm sick and give me a certificate; an achievement of some kind to prove that I'm not well.
"Well done! You've past Go, collect your 200 moola and pills!" ^_^

While I don't mind the wait (and that would be numerous hours), the conversation and atmosphere there is not ideal. It looked like an old people's club. A club where one could collect your pills and/or hobby material and then talk about the adventures of it.

"I had to take 78 pills yesterday. How many did you take?"
"Well, I put it all in a stew and ate one bowl. So I don't know"
"Hey, that's pretty clever, they should sell pill stews."
"Yep, I already have a shop open on Saturdays from all the excess pills I got each day at the clinic".
"How many times did you visit this week?"
"Well, each day of the week for each sickness. That's 12 days this week"
"oh..."

And clearly the madness persists for hours and I'm twitching on the bench trying not to absorb anything from the clinic whether it be old-timer's-disease, the odd conversations, and ANY air in fact!

Just some thought on the hours spent at the day clinic:
One would either become sick from sitting amidst 42 "odd" people coughing, babbling, or become mentally ill by being part of the new talk show: Pill talk.
Or one would actually be healthy at the end of the day because of the long hours you wait there and heal as you sit or one would force mind over matter just to get well and out...

The sad part is that I've visited a Nurse the first day as the doctors was a no show. Figures. And thank her as she actually did a good job! She said that if I don't feel well after the two days I was booked off for I should return (which was returned by a mental glare in my mind- the return to this place....) but I smiled and waved.
After two days I was back. Nothing changed and as sure as I am able to type this right now the very same people where there too!

The second visit I actually saw the doctor. Prime example of someone who bought their doctors degree for more than just a price. One of those Pick 'n Pay specials.
So I told her my case. Didn't listen and gave some pain pills and a packet of vitamin C.
Whoopie and wows! Gosh, I didn't know I had to use them! Ơ͡_Ơ͡
"Thanks a lot Doc! :D Now if you could just help me 'Out' I'd appreciate it. Where is the door?"

As citric as Vitamin C pills can be, that visit just left a nigh permanent sour taste in my mouth...

No comments:

Post a Comment