Thursday 22 January 2015

It Starts With You

Hi guys, gals and peeps!


While this entry isn't my usual comical tales I would actually like to address a matter that stood out to me today. If you're not the sharing kind or the folks who "don't give a ...." then you don't have to read further at all. In fact, I implore you not to. If you do, don't send a message to complain.

                                                                         otherwise.....

PEACE!!

After my brain shut off after a long day of repetitive work, I took a longer walk home, which means going right past it to shops for stuff I didn't even needed to buy (a collection of Frankie's sodas.... *not marketing*).

I saw a pair of homeless people laying in a corner, completely hidden from everyday traffic, heck,,, even by foot if you don't look in that direction. My mission to buy some odd flavoured sodas (which I'm sure has some addictive additive in it) changed into buying them something as well. A bag of goodies I'm sure they'll appreciate.
**I'm sorry but I'm putting the end of the blog here not to end in a sad story**
When I went over to them with the parcel, the two of them were still sleeping, I almost thought they might not have been there anymore.
I'm not even writing this to add a little bonus to my ego at all, but the whole reason I'm sharing this experience is because it was horrific to witness the receiving emotions from giving them something...
I already felt bad for waking one of them as I didn't want to leave the parcel just there and it might disappear or be disregarded, but it was a girl in her late teens that woke up and the look on her face seeing me was so scary :(
I genuinely felt sad a human should react that way to another. Pure fear in her eyes as she even scrambled a little away. I had to kneel down and say that I'm not there to hurt or chase them but just to give them something as I felt they need it. Still clutching herself tightly in an attempt to lash out as soon as I would try and chase them she thanked me with caution but then realized that's all I was there for...
I must admit I did cry behind my shades when I walked away..... :(
JA OKAY!! I am a grown dude and I cried because of a thank you.
-_-*
It just hurt me that people would be so scared seeing another person approaching... there isn't real peace one could expect anywhere on this planet....

Now to come to another point in this message is how the world can change a little bit...

Before buying the parcel, when arriving at the mall ,on my way to a shop where I previously had my Pineapple Express incident  (read the blog), there was a young dame wanting to give me a high five or something.... Firstly I had a WTF moment as I avoided it via ninja sidestep while saying "no thanks"... uhm... quite in an "unfriendly Texan" way too. (I'm so sorry though....)
They were standing at a booth probably trying to get me to join a gym or buy some helicopter rides or something....

On my way back out of the shop I did have a second look at their booth and it was help for children in need... Since I was already on a mission, I really wanted to help people.

I mean, even if my year started off crap, like really crap... at least somewhere something could be done for someone having a bad time.
I'm not going to expand on what is "crap" but a handful of people out there knows...

I spoke to a girl there and was quite surprised at their effort of helping children.
Now coming from a bad childhood as well, these kids could use some love and attention, definitely!

MAKE THE CIRCLE BIGGER!!!!
Please have a look at their site, which I have pasted below:
http://www.savethechildren.org.za/

hope I'm not copyright infringing in any way displaying their logo.....

Check it out, or you could even meet them in person at the Gardens or Somerset road in Cape Town. They also travel a lot.

I know everyone doesn't have money, but at least making people aware of them is good. The main thing is Try.

Now I'm not good at sales nor sooth saying people to mull over their whole karmic existence if they don't help or not, and neither am I sharing this piece for my own pleasure.
It would just be great, in the simplest meaning for the entirety, if the disadvantage could be included on the playing field amongst others. To be able to give them the fair chance at achieving greatness.
And with that, even a great mind could come forth that we could have never known... ;)

It really starts with you....
...how you'd like the world to be,




No comments:

Post a Comment