Monday 23 February 2015

The days changed after week 14/02/2015

Ey Yo!!


Before this month ends, I had an adventure and I need to write it down.

It might seem bland and vague, but bare with me. It is to much to say, but just to give a little prefix to the latest story, this is it...

'Tis was the night before Valentine's day, Friday the 13th. No horror stories (not the unusual anyways) but it started a whole phenomenon that people, including myself, experienced.

Let's start by Monday (and I'll try and keep this short), there was some hindrance at work. Wasn't even only me experiencing it, colleagues in another department experience some or other thing as well. Following day, same thing. Following day, guess what? Same thing. Yet it was all different on each day.
It involved people getting frustrated as if they had some allergy to imaginary magnetic fields and scurrying around like panicked rats. Stuff just not working, not even counting the load shedding. :P
Inside and outside of work. Things just popped up "Oh, Hi there, how is the normal vibe doing? Let me mix it up for ye. Whoopwhoopwhoopwhoop..."

I'm sure some other people reading this page might feel the same way, last week was just friggin' strange! When it came to Thursday nothing surprised me even more.
Maybe I'll have another Pineapple Express adventure, maybe I'll run faster than a train. Believe me, it is possible with our public transport system...
Maybe your enemy becomes a reeaally great person!! Who knows!? I do and it is awesome ;)

Then you have mcfluffy fluff the manager walking ever so quietly like four ninjas in one pants. I still have no idea how someone who is four times bigger than me can move without being heard. I must investigate...

By Thursday things were still happening. You'd think and expect something, a disgruntled customer perhaps with and issue from months ago, "Oh, Hi.. let me disrupt that vibe further. It is a pleasure man, just adding that little zest to spice things up. Nice!"
I really think the dude from Friday the 13th didn't get a valentine. I'm not even referring to the movie, I mean the vibe about Friday the 13th. He postponed his bad luck day for a special valentine, but got nothing. Instead of moping he slowly does strange things, like a depressed naked guy on the floor with a bottle of strong liquor in one hand and a phone in his other staring right through the device.

Won't say the things happening are bad luck at all. No way! It is all just so funny, you really just chalk it up to a strange week. I can say that Thursday really surprised me and here I thought nothing could surprise me anymore.

On my way home I had a thought about something. Half an hour later it too said hello. Was really cool though, or maybe it is just magic.
Why so vague, Ant?
Let's just say the week didn't stop and it rebooted with oddities (good, bad and unexpected) today which is currently the following Monday of when this all started. Again it started in the very morning with a bunch of delayed trains.
I'm living in a weekly edition of Groundhog day. I'm positive, as per the discussions around the water cooler, that it isn't only me.

********

Socializing is even strange! Today, during the 15 minute coffee break I went to fetch hot chocolate. Starting my day with chocolaty powers! There was a new guy "oh.... hello" he said filling his cup with two shots of espresso and cappuccino. I remarked that he'll be bouncing off the walls (or at least in my mind make real good friends introducing his butt with the closest toilet). As I was filling my cup here comes a another guy. Cleanest and closest shave with starry eyes and all the well keptness possible. It was until he opened his mouth where I could confirm that he was gay. Not only his accent but what he asked for.... panicked and almost at a yelling level.
"HOW DOES THIS WORK??" O_O
I was like "totes in mah wtf" mode and said "well... you place your cup *here* and then keep your finger over *this* sensor", proceeding to demonstrate by getting my hot chocolate.
He said "NO... TEA! WHERE DO I FIND TEA??"
Whoa... calm down guy, you won't die if tea time is over and you didn't get rooibos.

I showed him where the tea is stashed but on my way I saw mr two-scoops-o'-espresso ducking into the toilet. *snickers*
After pointing out where the tea is stashed all I heard was "...thanks". All I could think of was "Where are the caps from just now??
Dag nammit. :/

New people are funny.

Keeping my eye open for the strange things. Need to have a notebook ready, this is going to be fun week.
^_^

In the mean time, I hope to have that time to write a few older stories I've kind of neglected to add in.
Whoops...

No comments:

Post a Comment