Thursday 20 June 2013

The old train-ing movement

So many stories to tell what happens on my public trains rides...

Some time ago when the bus drivers were on strike, their passengers could use their bus tickets to use the trains.

Their lack of knowledge on proper etiquette on something as SIMPLE as climbing onto trains just blows my mind!

1. Stand aside when the doors open!
2. Wait until the people get off the trains first! This normally provides more room inside the train for you to board and get a seat.
3. Relax, you will get to your destination.

Instead the ignorami stood right in front of the doors in marginal width and all wanted to climb in at once.

Its like experiencing five large people wanting to go through one doorway at the same time! @_@;

So there I was, knowing what will happen if I don't stand right against the door. The train stopped and the door opened.
I lived in a zombie movie as arms were just flailing and deathly moans and grunts could be heard.
With my little muay thai practices at home I used my elbows to fend off the arms, but my lightweight and tall stature didn't help much.

I was swept away like a Shoprite packet in a gale force wind. Landed on the train floor and zombies walked over me. Again, the will to fight and get out was in me.
On my hands and on my knees, I drilled my way like a mole through grounded legs.
Speedily crawling along the zombies...

Last I could remember is crawling right between a black guy's legs. I still remember the light baked blue jeans and sandals without socks...
My last action was living in an Indiana Jones movie. I retrieved my cap that was swept off during the crawl at the last second.

I came out alive with a scratch mark above my eye, side is hurting- raw ribs and a scraped knee.

But its fine. It worked better than coffee to get my day started ~o)

No comments:

Post a Comment