Tuesday 29 April 2014

Pineapple Express

There were some nicely cut up chunks of pineapple in the fridge packed neatly in a container I bought from Pick 'n Pay. Thinking I'd better eat it before it went bad, I decided to take it to work to eat for breakfast yesterday.

Though... yesterday the trains messed up and I was almost late for work. Just just made it in time with a quick jog. So I didn't eat breakfast at work. The pineapples, as suspected, went a bit in an uproar and screamed "EAT US before we go sour!".
But lo and behold, a little juice leaked out into my backpack whilst I was running to work.
So my backpack's aroma changed into this horrible hobo pineapple beer odor throughout the time of day...

I got home, unpacked my stuff and then needed to whisk off a few suburbs away to fetch medicine for my flatmate, taking the backpack with because I needed to do some shopping as well when I return.
Climbing into the cab, the guy asked "where are we off to?" and I wanted to reply with "To infinity and Beyond!!" but didn't... :(
Pinelands, I said instead.

I couldn't smell the bag then... but standing outside the doctor's house waiting for him, the backpack in the taxi probably grilled the odor some more...

Then on my way back to Cape Town City, I stopped at the Gardens centre to buy something to eat, like hot cross buns (ah... The city life!), but stopped in by Clicks to buy myprodols.  Standing in that queue for medicine I could smell myself with the strange hobo aroma. It was so embarrassing, but had to get pain tablets...
2 x 30 packets of myprodol, because you know... "I'm a drunk".

Stood really awkward in the queue with that backpack. Lol X_X so sad.
Then off to PnP again. Bought hotdogs over the counter and asked questions like "When was this made? Why is it ON the counter and not behind the glass? Is there something wrong with it?"
The lady looked at me as if I'm a... You guessed it, a drunk.
The smell didn't help either.

Then off to Woolworths for those hot cross buns. Stood in another long queue. The lady in front of me kept on glancing in my direction. As if to say "Get away from my two boys, you vagrant!!". Hiss and sneer...
Or maybe it is my imagination, but why does my nose itch? :/

Then after that, to the KFC where all the hard working drunks go to buy chicken. I fit right in, you see...?


Pineapple... you won...

YESH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment